- Complete the Student Application 01-21
After we receive the completed admission form, schools & services form, psychological testing, (IQ and academic scores)* which must be no more than two years old for academic and three years old for IQ, we will be able to move forward with your child’s application.
Once accepted, parents commit to bringing their child to the center twice each week for about a fifty-five minute lesson. The 32° Masons financially support the center; however, we do request that parents become involved to help support the center in ways that they are able.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for your interest.
The required areas of assessment for admission to our program are as follows:
- An individualized, standardized assessment of Cognitive Ability/IQ [less than 3 years old]
- An individualized, standardized assessment of Achievement [less than 2 years old]
- With examiner’s credentials and narrative report attached
Cognitive Ability/IQ Assessments (Preferably the most current edition)
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale
- Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale
- Woodcock-Johnson Test of Cognitive Ability
- Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children
Scores are required in verbal, perceptual reasoning, working memory, processing speed, and a full scale score.
Achievement Assessments (Preferably the most current edition)
- Woodcock Johnson Test of Achievement
- Wechsler Individual Achievement Test
- Woodcock Reading Mastery Test
- Wide Range Achievement Test
Scores are required in reading real words, passage comprehension, and spelling. Other helpful scores include: fluency and nonsense words.
- Visual-motor integration
- Visual processing
- Phonological Processing
- Short-term auditory/working memory
- Most recent IEP, only if it includes test data
- Informal screening or progress monitoring
Please do not send group administered testing.
You may want to print our evaluation policy for the professional evaluator who will be assessing your child. It can be found at: http://readwithdyslexia.com/policy/